As this HMMWV did not have a dash or gauges installed, we had to identify each wire by number from the wiring diagram. We put tape on each wire and marked where it belonged. We found it simplest to tape the wiring diagram to the windshield to assist in wire location identification.
Through this process, we located where a 3 wire bundle had been cut off. Through the process of elimination, it appears that these wires are for the headlight dimmer switch. We will have to fabricate a new section which will involve soldering and splicing to the existing harness using waterproof marine heatshrink tube..